Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

steam reflections.

In Term 3, the students have been continuing their STEAM learning, using the STEAM Electronics kits. They have been learning how to block code using the program Snap4Arduino. The purpose of this learning has been for the students to control one or more LED lights on an electronic arduino board using code. Each week the coding expectation increased and the students showed perseverance in achieving success.     
👍👍👍✌️✌️✌️

What was I learning and why?

I was learning to code and use snap4arduino at the same time so when we were creating our code bots we had the basics in our head and we could use them to make our bot work.

What did I do well and how do I know?

I knew that I did well because i had a lot of students coming and asking me and my partner, Bailey for help.

What challenged me ……?

The hardest thing for me was the wiring, I was much better at the coding than the wiring because one of the arduino boards I used was not working and I thought I was doing it wrong, I just needed a better board to work with, with the faulty board i could not figure out how to get the working boards.

What would I do differently next time to make my learning more successful ….. ?

I would change the placing of the wires so I could fit more lights in. After I figured out how to wire the wires into the correct areas of course =D

What have I enjoyed about the learning? 

I enjoyed the coding because it was my thing and It was interesting to learn more about. It was fun to connect the wires as well!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment